Alfalfa Meal 3-2-2Regular price $14.95
Alfalfa Meal helps flowering perennials and shrubs bloom faster and longer. It's ideal for nutrient-depleted gardens, with a near-totally balanced ratio of nitrogen, phosphate, potash, and sulfur. This is like a great multivitamin, sought by gardeners who want the natural growth hormone triacontanol for fruits and vegetables. It's an excellent addition to the compost pile for nitrogen content and absorbency.
Alfalfa Meal stays active in the soil long enough so that you only need to fertilize once or twice a season. However, plants that pump out blooms all summer long such as roses and dahlias, or repeat bloomers such as delphiniums, do best if you apply Alfalfa Meal every six weeks.
- Analysis (3-2-2)
- 5 lb bag
- Gentle balance fertilizer
- Excellent source of Nitrogen
- Natural growth stimulants
- For potted plants, add 0.5 oz/1" of container.
- For transplanting, use 2-5 lbs/100 sq. ft.
- To make compost, add 6 cups/cubic yd
- For vegetables and flower beds, work in at 2-5 lbs/100 sq ft.