Our team is growing! All current available positions are located at the Sow Exotic Nursery in Winter Haven, Florida. Email your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line to apply.
The Nursery Assistant is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day production and inventory of plants, greenhouse management, and order fulfillment at the Sow Exotic Nursery. Our ideal Nursery Assistant is passionate about growing rare fruiting and medicinal plants, self-motivated, thrives working outdoors, is hard-working, and will seize any opportunity to make a positive impact. This is a part-time, hourly position with potential to become full-time.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the day-to-day management of plant production and greenhouse inventory!
- Plant, propagate (seed, cutting, air-layer) grow, water, transplant, weed, pest control, prune and generally care for the plants with high degree of efficiency
- Work closely with the fulfillment team to prepare plants for shipment
- Navigate our cloud-based inventory and management systems
- Maintain excellent plant quality and greenhouse organization
- Must be comfortable working in a warm greenhouse environment and in occasional inclement Florida weather (hot or rainy)
- Perform repetitive movements and tasks which include but are not limited to squatting, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, standing, walking and lifting over the shoulder
- Unload delivery trucks, receive and stow incoming inventory ensuring accuracy
- Work proficiently and collaboratively with fulfillment team, owners, and nursery volunteers to balance duties as needed, at or above the rate expectation for each task
- Perform additional related duties as needed.
- Lift a 50 lbs
Requirements for all Sow Exotic Team Members
- Contribute to building positive team spirit
- Support everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Constantly look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all responsibilities
- Follow instructions well
- Respond appropriately to management directions
- Take responsibility for own actions and keep commitments
- Maintain a healthy enjoyable work environment
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and can develop alternative solutions
- Must work well in group problem solving situations exhibiting objectivity and openness to others' views as well as giving and welcome feedback
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and team members