Work at Sow Exotic
Open Positions + How to Apply
Our plant team is growing! All current available positions are located at the Sow Exotic Nursery in Winter Haven, Florida.
If you find a position that matches your skill set, please email your letter of intent, resume and relevant experience, and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position Title in the subject line to apply. Our positions fill up fast, so don't delay!
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Nursery & Fulfillment Assistant
The Nursery & Fulfillment Assistant is responsible for assisting with order fulfillment and day-to-day plant production, picking/packing plants and garden products, quality control, inventory management, meeting deadlines and quality expectations, and maintaining efficient workflow at the Sow Exotic Nursery.
Our ideal Nursery & Fulfillment Assistant is passionate about growing rare fruiting and medicinal plants, is hard-working, self-motivated, organized, reliable, determined, hard-working, a positive team player and a creative problem solver who will seize any opportunity to make a positive impact and thrives working outdoors. Nursery and fulfillment experience is preferred but not required. We're looking for hardworking and dedicated individuals!
This is a part-time, hourly position that reports directly to our Fulfillment Team Lead.
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Hours/Days are subject to change seasonally.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare plants for shipment with speed and accuracy, including plant pulling, re-potting, pruning, organizing, packing, and shipping.
- Be able to identify a diverse collection of edible plants in our greenhouses.
- Maintain excellent plant quality and greenhouse and workstation organization.
- Pruning, watering, weeding, consolidating, pest management, etc..
- Assist with the day-to-day management of supply and greenhouse inventory
- Unload/load delivery trucks, receive and stow incoming nursery and supply inventory ensuring accuracy
- Plant, propagate (seed, cutting, air-layer) grow, water, transplant, weed, pest control, prune and generally care for the plants with high degree of efficiency
- Perform repetitive movements and tasks which include but are not limited to squatting, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, standing, walking and lifting over the shoulder. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs comfortably.
- Work proficiently and collaboratively with all teams to balance duties as needed, at or above the rate expectation for each task
- Requires work both indoors and outdoors. Must be able to handle occasional and seasonal inclement Florida weather (hot, rainy, cold).
- Perform additional nursery/fulfillment-related duties as needed.
Requirements for all Team Members:
- Contribute to building positive team spirit
- Support everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Constantly look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all responsibilities
- Follow instructions accurately and efficiently
- Respond appropriately to management directions
- Take responsibility for own actions and keep commitments
- Maintain a healthy enjoyable work environment
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and can develop alternative solutions
- Must work well in group problem solving situations exhibiting objectivity and openness to others' views as well as giving and welcome feedback
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and team members