Diatomaceous EarthRegular price $16.95
Shipping calculated at checkout.
8 in stock
Diatomaceous Earth Earth is an effective organic pesticide that is completely safe for use around edible plant gardens, pets, and animals. And it is extremely effective! Its high-silica content works by absorbing the exoskeleton of unwanted insects, but will not harm beneficial micronutrients, or worms. It can be useful for issues with aphids, thrips, mites, earwigs, ants, flea beetles, snails, slugs, roaches, and grubs.
- Analysis: Contains 3% magnesium, 5% sodium, 2% iron, 19% calcium, and 33% silicon, and other trace minerals.
- Made up of 65% Diatomaceous Earth (skeletal remains of algae) and 35% Montmorillonite (calcium rich volcanic deposit)
- Non-chemical pesticide
- 5 lb bag
How to use Diatomaceous Earth:
- Sprinkle bands around the plants you are trying to protect. Create a ring that doesn't have any gaps for pests to sneak through.
- If pests are eating the leaves of your plants, you can dust the leaves with Diatomaceous Earth, which should discourage further damage. However, try to avoid applying near the plants’ flowers, where pollinators might inadvertently come into contact with it.
- When using, it’s recommended to wear eye protection and a dust mask, as the small particles can be irritating.
- Works best in dry conditions because it clumps when wet, but it can be added wet or dry. When added dry, wet plant beds can help with absorption and avert dust issues.